As a community-supported conservation organization we periodically have job opportunities based upon available funding and organizational needs.
Also, check out our Volunteer Opportunities
Cecil Land Trust is a newly staffed land trust in Cecil County Maryland, whose volunteers have worked for twenty years to protect farms, forests, to restore streams, and protect natural and historic resources. Now we need to grow our community profile through education, public access, trails, and a system for locally grown foods.
We are an Executive Director, a 12-member Board, an active Board President & Founder, plus volunteers and consultants. We need someone who is passionate about our mission and good at getting the word out, on all platforms. This is a chance for a high energy person to help shape the organization, grow a local foods system, and engage with the people who like to bike, hike, paddle, and be in the open spaces we work to protect.
CLT seeks a collaborative and strategic part-time communicator who will work closely with the Executive Director to convey CLT’s message consistently across audiences. This person will develop and implement social and traditional media efforts, campaigns to increase community engagement/awareness, and systems for building relationships, both financial and project-centered. For the right person, this could be an opportunity to help design and define a unique role in a newly staffed organization.
Right now this is a half-time (20 hrs./week) position, without benefits, other than 6 paid holidays/year. Some flexibility in schedule/location is available; the office is on Main Street in Elkton and is small. The pay is $25 per hour. The right person is curious, a good learner, detail-oriented, flexible in terms of daily tasks, and has a sense of humor. As our income grows, this position will become full time.
Outreach and Development:
- Manage website and social media, communicating regularly, and expanding online footprint. Instagram, Twitter, WordPress/other, Facebook are useful skills.
- Draft electronic e-news, group emails, mailers, and traditional press releases.
- Manage donor records and process donations, including receiving, depositing, tracking and acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with finding, writing, and managing foundation/grant funding sources.
- Provide meeting support–venue, setup, refreshments, invitations and confirmations, prepare printed and/or digital materials, and coordinate presenters.
- Organize files consistent with Land Trust Alliance Standards & Practices.
- Perform administrative tasks including creating forms, tracking expenses, volunteer hours & income (with accountant), creating document layouts and printing, and procuring supplies.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Some experience with databases, spreadsheets, and donor management.
- Solid communications experience with social media, newsletters, and website management
- A passion for land conservation, local foods, natural resources, and rural communities
- Creative & collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Appreciation and respect for CLT supporters and board.
- Discretion, motivated, with good follow-up and the ability to ‘juggle’ multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Occasional ability to attend evening and weekend evenings.